The Millennial 20/20 Summit has announced its new wave of showcase partners, speakers and special features confirmed to attend and take part at the world first event, on 13th-14th April 2016, taking place at Victoria House in London.
The most exciting addition to the event is Pepper, a human-shaped robot confirmed to take on the important role of greeting guests at the Summit, and will also be making a stage appearance! Pepper is the first humanoid robot capable of recognising the principal human emotions and adapting his behaviour to the mood of his interlocutor. Designed to be a genuine day-to-day companion with the ability to perceive emotions, he is already a global hit and is coming to the UK to be part of Millennial 20/20.
Unilever, one of the world’s leading suppliers of fast-moving consumer goods, is partnering with Millennial 20/20 to unearth and showcase the most innovative startups in this controversial space. This unique opportunity, hosted by the Unilever Foundry, will give visitors the chance to engage directly with the entrepreneurs who are reinventing the way brands and companies connect with millennials. Up to 50 startup companies, who have developed truly innovative technology in future of media, brand & content innovation, social impact and data, insights & personalisation, will be handpicked to be part of the Unilever Foundry’s Startup Street. The selected startups will be given the opportunity to ‘speed-date’ with Unilever’s marketing leaders.
Revolutionary Swedish brand FOREO has come on board as beauty showcase partner. A truly millennial brand, FOREO create pioneering products, combining revolutionary technology with meticulous design. In addition to their on-site Beauty Innovation Lab, their CEO will take the stage to discuss “Radical Beauty” and how design, technology and vision created a new global connection under the noses of the world’s established health and beauty conglomerates. Paul Peros, Foreo CEO says, “When something is only good enough, it’s time to make a change.”
With a lineup of over 150 world-class speakers, the latest confirmations include brand executives from the British Fashion Council, Hunter, Liverpool FC, The Jamie Oliver Group, Propercorn, Rovier, Sky Sports, YPlan and Fortnum & Mason. The two-day summit will also feature highly curated and challenging discussions in industry sector tracks fashion & beauty, food & beverage, travel & hospitality and sport & fitness. The new subjects on the agenda include: “Snackable Sports Content Everywhere”, “The Future of Smart Travel”, “Disrupting Taste in the Restaurant Industry”, “Brainfood” and “From a bag to a global business”.
With 40 exhibitors and showcase partners lined up to be part of the event, the newly confirmed companies include Unsigned Music Awards, What 3 Words, Zappar, Movable Ink and Grabble.
Rupa Ganatra, Co-Founder of Millennial 20/20 said: “We are really excited to announce this next wave of inspiring, innovative and disruptive lineup of speakers and partners for Millennial 20/20. The Summit will offer the opportunity to network with some of the most innovative and game-changing leaders shaping the future of nextgen commerce and provide a curated platform to learn about the latest and most important strategies, products and services to help businesses evolve with the digitally savvy, tech-obsessed millennial generation.”
The latest wave of confirmed speakers includes:
Fashion and Beauty
- Caroline Rush, CEO, British Fashion Council
- Christopher Suarez, Entrepreneur & Board Member, Nicholas Kirkwood
- Michelle Sadlier, Head of Innovation and Social Media, Hunter
- Kathleen Mitchell, Vice President EMEA, Stella & Dot
Food & Beverage
- Guillaume Du Gardier, Head of Digital, Ferrero
- Richard Herd, Head of FoodTube, The Jamie Oliver Group
- Martin Morales, Peruvian Chef, Restauranteur & Founder, Ceviche
- Zia Zareen-Slade, Customer Experience Director, Fortnum & Mason
- Cassandra Stavrou, Founder, Propercorn
- Sophie Dufouleur, Global Content & Social Media Group Manager, Nestle Nespresso
- Colin Pyle, CEO & Co-founder, Cru Kafe
Sport and Fitness
- Mike Balfour, Entrepreneur & Non-Executive Director, Fitness First
- Nikki Emerson, Partnerships Development Manager, Liverpool FC
- Yath Gangakumaran, Senior Strategy Manager, Sky Sports
- Paul Nugent, VP Global Marketing, Umbro
- Luca Massaro, Founder & CEO, We Play
Travel and Hospitality
- Stephan Croix, VP Marketing, Starwood Hotels
- Joss Croft, Marketing Director, Visit Britain
- Sebastian Neylan, Director of Online Marketing, Lonely Planet
- Peter Briffett, COO, YPlan
- George Hadjigeorgiou, CEO, Housetrip
- Timothy Griffin, Brand Director, The Hoxton