Loews Hotels & Co, The Cordish Companies and Texas Rangers officially broke ground today on the new $150 million flagshipÊLive! by Loews – Arlington, TXÊhotel and convention center at Texas Live!. Executives from the development team were joined by Arlington Mayor Jeff Williams, former Texas Rangers Catcher Ivan Rodriguez, Arlington City Council and community and business leaders to recognize and celebrate this major milestone. Ideally positioned between the Texas Rangers’ Globe Life Park and the Dallas Cowboys’ AT&T Stadium, Live! by Loews – Arlington, TX will debut on one of the highest and most exciting platforms of sports and entertainment in the country.
With today’s groundbreaking, over $1.25 billion of new development is now under construction in the Arlington Entertainment District including Texas Live! and the Rangers new ballpark. Together, these projects are part of a greater $4 billion vision for the Entertainment District that also includes the preservation of Globe Life Park. Texas Live!, anchored by Live! by Loews – Arlington, TX, is projected to significantly exceed $100 million per year in economic output to the City of Arlington and Tarrant County and overÊ$2 billion in direct and indirect salaries during its first forty years, as well as create approximately 3,025 new jobs for local and regional residents.
“Today marks a milestone not only for the City of Arlington, but also for Loews Hotels & Co, with our return to the greater Dallas/Fort Worth area, after more than 30 years,”
said Jonathan M. Tisch, Chairman and CEO, Loews Hotels & Co.
“To have the opportunity to combine our excellence in operating hotels, with the vast expertise of partners like The Cordish Companies and The Texas Rangers, allows us to bring a one-of-a-kind lodging experience to the destination. An upscale hotel like Live! by Loews – Arlington, TX is a game changer for the Arlington Entertainment District,”
said Ray Davis, Co-Chairman and Managing Partner of the Texas Rangers.
“With incredible partners like Loews Hotels & Co and The Cordish Companies, Live! by Loews – Arlington, TX will join Globe Life Field and Texas Live! in providing our fans with a first-class entertainment experience.”
The Live! by Loews hotel concept was developed jointly by two of the most prominent and respected names in hospitality and entertainment: Loews Hotels & Co and The Cordish Companies. Loews Hotels & Co has been a leader in the hotel industry for more than sixty years, offering distinctive experiences to its guests, for business, group, leisure and family travelers. The Cordish Companies’ Live! brand has set a new national standard in dining, hospitality and entertainment destinations, welcoming over 50 million visitors annually to its entertainment districts. Live! by Loews – Arlington, TX will be the first hotel to carry the Live! by Loews name when it opens in 2019.
“We are thrilled to officially commence construction on the country’s flagship Live! by Loews hotel and celebrate this major milestone with our partners Loews Hotels & Co and the Texas Rangers,”
stated Blake Cordish, Vice President of The Cordish Companies.
“Loews Hotels & Co is one of the preeminent hoteliers in North America and a leader in the convention and meetings industry. Today’s celebration is an exciting step forward in cementing Arlington as one of the leading convention, entertainment and tourism destinations in the country.”
Live! by Loews – Arlington, TX brings a luxury resort-style hospitality experience to Arlington for the very first time. The upscale hotel will blend sports and entertainment with first-class hospitality and superior amenities, providing a spectacular location for meetings, events and conventions, as well as a special destination for sports fans, visitors and families.
“Our dream of bringing a luxury resort convention hotel to Arlington is becoming a reality with today’s groundbreaking ceremony,”
said Mayor Jeff Williams, City of Arlington, TX.
“Live! by Loews – Arlington, TX will become a first-class, one-of-a-kind hotel and event destination that will welcome millions of new visitors a year to Arlington. It is a significant step forward in fulfilling our vision of becoming one of the country’s top tourism destinations for conventions and major events.”
The 14-story tall, 302-room Live! by Loews – Arlington, TX hotel will feature unique spaces for events and entertainment including:
- Tower Terrace:ÊLocated within a 40′ tall by 60′ wide veranda-style cutout through the hotel tower, the casual, but sophisticated Tower Terrace will serve as the hotel’s central gathering place to relax with family and friends or enjoy a cocktail. One of the most unique spaces in the entire project, the Tower Terrace overlooks a beautiful multi-use Event Lawn.
- Event Lawn:ÊWith incredible views of the entertainment district, the Event Lawn space serves as the perfect venue for weddings, special events and community gatherings. The Event Lawn features a cutting-edge LED screen for unparalleled sports viewing, movies and concerts. A truly unique experience, the Event Lawn will become one of the country’s most desired places for special events.
- Outdoor Infinity Edge Pool:ÊLocated adjacent to the Tower Terrace and directly next to the Event Lawn, guests will be able to enjoy the same stunning views of the Entertainment District from the pool area, as well as the same immersive A/V experience. Dually designed to accommodate both high energy and relaxation, the resort-quality pool area will feature two bars, including a swim up bar, rentable private cabanas, ample comfortable lounge space and a firepit.
- Rooftop Terrace Private Event Space:ÊBoasting panoramic views unlike any other of the Dallas and Fort-Worth skylines and Arlington Entertainment District, the Rooftop Terrace will feature several private event rooms, as well as a central main space for private functions and events.
- Grand Event Center:ÊThe two story, 35,000 square-foot Grand Event Center will feature a beautiful glass facade with sweeping views of the Entertainment District. The meeting, event and convention space will include a Grand Ballroom with banquet seating capability up to 1,500; an Executive Boardroom with five additional breakout Meeting Rooms; Flexible Pre-Function space; and a 1,500 square foot outdoor terrace overlooking Johnson Creek and the Entertainment District.
- Revolver Brewing Brewery, Bar and Tasting Room:ÊKnown for bringing a fresh perspective in world-class craft beer in the Dallas/Forth Worth region, Revolver Brewing will open a working brewery, bar and tasting room within Live! by Loews – Arlington, TX.
Loews Hotels & Co, The Cordish Companies and Texas Rangers are proud to announce that Live! by Loews – Arlington, TX will be constructed by a joint-venture partnership of Manhattan Construction Company and Arlington-based Con-Real, under the same leadership as previously announced for Texas Live!. Together, the joint-venture will be responsible for the construction of the dining, entertainment, hotel and convention facilities of Texas Live! and Live! by Loews – Arlington, TX.
Nationally recognized Manhattan Construction Company is one of the largest, privately- held construction firms in the nation, widely known for building high-profile, technically- difficult mega projects such as AT&T Stadium, one of the premier sports venues in the world. Con-Real, recognized as one of the most established full-service African-American construction and real estate firms, has experience in over 3,000 projects including entertainment, commercial, hospitality, educational, industrial and technology facilities. This partnership marks an important milestone for the City of Arlington as the first time aÊproject of this size and scope has had a local, minority-owned business positioned as a joint venture partner to oversee construction.
The development team has also assembled an award-winning team of HKS Architects, Mycoskie+Mcinnis+Associates, Purdy-McGuire and McLaren Engineering Group to lead architecture and interior design, civil engineering, mechanical/electrical engineering, and structural engineering respectively.