Rezidor and prizeotel sign their first joint hotel project in Bern, Switzerland - Insights

Rezidor and prizeotel sign their first joint hotel project in Bern, Switzerland

The Rezidor Hotel Group and prizeotel are proud to announce their first joint hotel project in Bern, Switzerland. This will be the largest hotel in Bern and is scheduled to open its doors in late 2019. The 188 room hotel will be located at the former Swiss Post headquarters at Viktoriastrasse in Bern.

prizeotel Bern

Since March 2016, Rezidor now owns a 49 percent stake in prizeotel; the Bern project is the first landmark step towards long-term and ambitious expansion plans in the economy hotel sector by Rezidor. In these plans, Switzerland, Germany, Austria and the Benelux countries, have been identified as the priority target markets for short-to-medium term brand development. prizeotel, the German economy design chain, currently operates three city-center properties in Hamburg, Bremen and Hanover totaling 555 rooms.

The new prizeotel Bern is a major development which will have a far-reaching impact on the hotel industry in Switzerland. prizeotel’s founder and CEO, Marco Nussbaum, said: “This pioneering project in Bern is the first joint production of Rezidor and prizeotel. We are very excited about introducing prizeotel in Switzerland, and bringing our signature combination of design, technological innovation, personalized service, brilliant locations at very attractive prices to Bern. We are looking forward to creating a niche offering in other key Swiss cities.”

The Swiss real estate company Prime Site is the proprietor and lessor of prizeotel Bern. Connor Ryterski, prizeotel Head of Development, who will also be responsible for the project development with Swiss Prime Site, commented: “The signing of Bern is an important milestone for prizeotel. It elevates our portfolio beyond the 1,000 guestroom mark, as we expand the prizeotel in Hamburg City with additional 177 rooms, and construct a new prizeotel in Hamburg-St. Pauli (257 rooms).”

Elie Younes, Executive Vice President and Chief Development Officer of The Rezidor Hotel Group explains: “We are proud to bring our first joint project to market, within eight months of our partnership with prizeotel, an entrepreneurial and creative economy brand. prizeotel completes and complements our strong portfolio and identity of international hotel brands, ranging from the economy segment to ultimate luxury – and offers additional value for our guests and owners.”

The Rezidor Hotel Group owns 49% of prizeotel, with the option of acquiring the remaining 51% in four years’ time. “The joint project in Bern heralds the start of our ambitious expansion strategy in the economy segment across Europe,” added Younes.

All prizeotels are designed by New York-based designer Karim Rashid. The brand concept embraces urban design, innovative and guest-friendly technology (including free high-speed Internet, mobile check-in), modern design and unconventional service for business and leisure guests – and with room rates starting from 59 Euros per night.

You must be logged in to post a comment.
Indura Beach & Golf Resort joins Curio Collection as first property in Central America
Autograph Collection Hotels to open four new properties in Asia