The IHG Owners Association, which represents InterContinental Hotels Group¨ (IHG) franchise hotel owners worldwide, has announced that Allen Fusco has assumed chairmanship of its Global Board of Directors for 2017.
Allen Fusco is owner and operator of both ANABRA Associates and Plainview Associates which operate the Holiday Inn Express Horseheads, New York and the Holiday Inn in Elmira, New York, respectively. Fusco takes the reigns from Steve Ehrhardt, principal of Ehrhardt Properties and SJS Hospitality, who now carries responsibilities as Immediate Past Chair. The IHG Owners Association has also formally presented this year’s Board of Directors.
“I am proud to serve as the voice of IHG-branded hotel owners this year, and I look forward to collaborating with IHG in this endeavor,” said Fusco. Ê”Our emphasis will be to further enhance owners’ value propositions by continuing to strengthen our organization.”
Don Berg, CEO of the IHG Owners Association noted, “Allen’s integrity and commitment to giving back to the community will certainly guide his path and strengthen the role of Chairman. He also offers a point of view on the day-to-day operating challenges that so many of our members share, and he understands the global nature of our business too, which will benefit all of us in the Association.”
Fusco’s family has been in hospitality for more than 50 years. He is a second generation hotelier and his son, daughter and grandson are all involved in the industry as well. Fusco has operated award-winning hotels and has been involved with IHG branded hotels for 40+ years. His tenure in the industry has enabled him to serve on numerous committees over the years, which have strengthened his perspectives to represent the views of numerous owners.
Allen Fusco was one of the founders of the New York State Hotel Marketing Association (HMA), which today comprises 40 Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express hotels in upstate New York. He has served as President of this organization for the past 15 years. Additionally, he served as VP of the Regional Tourism Association and Chair of the Conference & Visitors Bureau.
He sits on the Board of Directors of the local Chamber of Commerce and is the Vice President of the Elmira Colleges President’s Council. He has served as Past President of the regional performing arts center; Past Secretary of the Finger Lakes Wine Country Marketing Association and a board member of the New York State Hospitality and Tourism Association. He actively participates in several philanthropies including the Children’s Miracle Network, the Muscular Dystrophy Association, Relay for Life, Food Bank Back Pack Program, Big Brothers and Big Sister, and Angel Tree for the Salvation Army and Give Kids The World.
He has been honored extensively by the many organizations for which he is involved and active. He was honored locally as Business Man of the Year, Distinguished Citizen of the Year; received the Rotary Paul Harris Award, Chamber Volunteer of the Year, the Jefferson Award, the Can-Do Award from the Food Bank and the New York State Hotel and Travel Association’s highest award – the Pinnacle.
Additionally, the IHG Owners Association is also pleased to announce its 2017 Global Board of Directors:
- Chair-Elect – Deepesh Kholwadwala, President & CEO, Sun Capital Hotels
- Treasurer – Kurt Furlong, EVP and Principal, Midas Hospitality
- Secretary – Felix Seiler, COO Holloway Lodging Corporation
- Past Chair Representative – Buggsi Patel, President & CEO, BHG Hotels
- AMEA Regional Rep – Ronald Barrott, Chairman & CEO, Pro-Invest Group
- Americas Regional Rep – Ben Koopman, President, Donohoe Hospitality Services
- Europe Regional Rep – Nicola Taylor, Managing Director, Chardon Trading
- CEO – Don Berg, IHG Owners Association
- IHG Representative – Keith Barr, Chief Commercial Officer, IHG
- Americas Member-at-Large – Peter Beukema, CEO, Suburban Inns
- Americas Member-at-Large – McLean Wilson, Kemmons Wilson Companies
- Americas Member-at-Large – Joel Zorrilla, Director General, Hotels Prisma de Mexico
- Europe Member-at-Large – Gerhard Finster, Principal, Arcadia Hotels Group