Leading up to World Tourism Day, the One happy island of Aruba will host Happiness 360 Conference World Tourism Aruba – an international symposium in partnership with the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), Sept. 13-14, highlighting industry trends and synergies between tourism, culture and happiness.
“As the most tourism-reliant nation, relative to size, in the world, Aruba proactively remains attuned to industry trends – and is honored to organize a conference in which these impactful insights can be shared with tourism and culture stakeholders across the globe,” said Otmar Oduber, Minister of Tourism, Transportation and Primary Sector and Culture.
“Tourism builds bridges among people and can be a catalyst for positive change. UNWTO is very pleased to partner with Aruba in organizing this event. We trust it will be an excellent occasion to discuss how tourism can be a driver of a more sustainable future for all,” said UNWTO Secretary-General, Taleb Rifai.
World-renowned tourism experts and thought leaders from Harvard, Florida-Caribbean Cruise Association, World Community of Museums (ICOM), Aruba and other revered organizations are planning keynote speeches and breakout sessions on topics including, but not limited to*:
- What Makes a Good Life (trending TED Talk)
- Speaker: Dr. Robert Waldinger, Harvard
- News Business Models
- Speaker: April Rinne, Global Authority on the Sharing Economy
- Cultural and Natural Global Protection
- Speaker: Dr. Anne-Catherine Robert-Hauglustaine, ICOM
- The Happiness Trend is your Friend
- Speaker: Daniel Levine, Global Marketing Trends Expert
- Cruising to Happiness
- Speakers: Michele Paige, FCCA
- Increase Competitiveness through Cultural Tourism
- Remarks on Tourism, Sustainability and Culture
- Speakers: Secretary General UNWTO Taleb Rifai, Prime Minister of Aruba Mike Eman, Minister of Tourism, Transport, Primary Sector and Culture of Aruba Otmar Oduber and CEO of the Aruba Tourism Authority Ronella Tjin Asjoe-Croes
Happiness 360 Conference will primarily target international Ministries of Tourism and Ministries of Culture, National Tourism Organizations (NTOS), Destinations Management Organizations (DMOs), cultural and heritage managers, conservation experts and media.
“As the host of this important conference, Aruba’s goal is to enrich participants through our stimulating line-up of speakers as well as through our dynamic on-island culture, influenced by more than 90 nationalities,” said Ronella Tjin Asjoe-Croes, CEO of Aruba Tourism Authority. “We’re confident and proud of the dynamic program we’ve developed in partnership with the UNWTO to accomplish both of these pursuits.”
*For the complete list of keynote speakers and more information on Happiness 360 Conference World Tourism Aruba, visit happiness360conference.com.