American Express Travel has added 281 new global hotel properties to its FINE HOTELS & RESORTS and The Hotel Collection programs this year, introducing a select group of best-in-class properties that deliver valuable benefits and exceptional experiences for Card Members. American Express Travel curates these programs through a rigorous screening process and accepts only a small percentage of hotel applicants into their programs each year. Hotel properties are assessed using a variety of factors, and those with the best product offering, most exceptional service and highest Card Member satisfaction are invited to join the programs.
“Our Card Members are avid travelers who expect a certain travel experience, whether they’re on a once-in-a-lifetime international adventure trip or spontaneous weekend getaway in a nearby city,” said Allison Beer, Vice President, Strategic Partnerships, American Express Travel. “To ensure we’re exceeding their expectations and offering the very best selection of hotels in our programs, we carefully analyze aggregated card spend data, independent property evaluations, and most importantly, the direct feedback we receive from our Card Members.”
Trending destinations and unique classifications
Created 25 years ago and one of the longest standing programs in the industry, FINE HOTELS & RESORTS added 129 new properties for 2016. Properties from three new brands will also be added to CENTURION FINE HOTELS & RESORTS: Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Rosewood Hotels & Resorts, and Oetker Collection. These brands join existing CENTURION brands Aman, Belmond, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, The Peninsula Hotels, and St. Regis. Additionally, FINE HOTELS & RESORTS introduced four new trending destinations to its luxury portfolio, including Mendoza, Argentina; Bogota, Colombia; Fes, Morocco and Algarve, Portugal.
The new FINE HOTELS & RESORTS properties include:
- The Miami Beach Edition, a design-focused lifestyle resort located on a private enclave in the heart of Miami Beach
- Boutique hotel Zero George Street, established in five restored early nineteenth century residential buildings and offering 18 guestrooms and suites in the heart of Charleston’s historic district
- Eden Rock – St Barths, one of the most desirable Caribbean escapes: an intimate hotel perched on a rocky expanse above a white-sand beach that offers two restaurants from acclaimed chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten.
Additionally, FINE HOTELS & RESORTS introduced new collections, designed to match travelers with their ideal accommodations, highlighting establishments that fall within three distinct areas:
- Boutique: intimate hotels and resorts, usually independently-owned and with less than 75 rooms;
- Design: properties that emphasize art and a singular – usually contemporary, design aesthetic;
- Card Member Favorites: properties that Card Members know, love and would recommend highly to other Card Members
Platinum Card Members who book with American Express Travel and stay at a FINE HOTELS & RESORTS property receive added benefits and services to elevate their stay1, including guaranteed 4pm late checkout; room upgrade, upon arrival, when available; daily breakfast for two; noon check-in, when available; complimentary Wi-Fi; and an additional special amenity unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people.
More benefits with The Hotel Collection
Launched in 2013, The Hotel Collection has also expanded its global portfolio by 152 hotels and added two exclusive benefits for Platinum and Gold Card Members. With enhanced marketing and a new online platform, Card Member bookings at The Hotel Collection properties grew more than 300% in the first quarter of 2016 alone.
The Hotel Collection comprises a mix of properties, many set in the most popular domestic and international urban destinations such as Miami, New York City, London, Paris and Rome. Card Members who book The Hotel Collection with American Express Travel receive the following benefits at participating properties when they stay at least 2 consecutive nights2:
- $75 hotel credit to spend on qualifying dining, spa and resort activities
- Room upgrade upon arrival, if available
- Plus, Card Members receive these additional benefits with The Hotel Collection when they book at americanexpress.com/hc2
- The ability to use Membership Rewards Pay with Points for all or part of their hotel stay; and
- 2x Membership Rewards points per eligible dollar spent
Additionally, The Hotel Collection offers “Lowest Hotel Rate Guaranteed2,” with rates for the collection starting at $150 per night at select properties3. New hotels in the portfolio include: Thompson Playa del Carmen, The Muse New York a Kimpton Hotel, and Boscolo Excedra Roma.
Says Beer, “For our Card Members, choice is king. Whether they’re looking for an affordable option for a trip with the kids or a more lavish stay for an anniversary, we’re continuing to build our lodging programs to meet the needs of their diverse travel experiences. We’re thrilled to work with our new partners in FINE HOTELS & RESORTS and The Hotel Collection to deliver exceptional and memorable travel experiences for our Card Members.”
1Certain room categories are not eligible for upgrade, special amenity varies by property. Call Platinum Travel Services for detail. Additional terms apply; full terms for Fine Hotels & Resorts: http://www.americanexpress.com/fhr
2Terms apply, full terms for The Hotel Collection: https://travel.americanexpress.com/hc
3Terms apply, view full terms: https://travel.americanexpress.com/home