Forbes Travel Guide the world-renowned and only global rating system for luxury hotels, restaurants and spas, unveiled its list for 2019’s World’s Best Hotel Bars.
Included in this list are 44 distinguished bars, across 13 countries. The full best-of list, found here, comes from detailed data gathered by FTG’s inspectors, who stay at the hotels anonymously and evaluate them on up to 900 standards for the guide’s annual Star Ratings, which were announced in February.
Each hotel bar was meticulously inspected and achieved an impeccable score using criteria such as:
- Elements of luxury standards, which reflect sumptuous comfort, choices, and conveniences, including a special level of attention to details such as:
- The beverage program showed creativity in the composition and presentation of the drinks, including unique offerings that were, in many cases, completely destination- or property-centric
- The bar committed to using the very best service ware and showed evidence of careful selection to ensure it complemented the individual beverages on the menu
- The overall bar experience included exceptional snacks that enhanced the beverage menu and enticed guests to linger longer
Food and beverage quality standards, which play an important part in the guest experience. Bars must also demonstrate technical aptitude such as:
- The bar delivered beverages at correct temperatures, with complete balance of flavor for mixed drinks and attention to the garnishes used
- Listening to guests’ individual preferences – and fulfilling those requests is also an important service requirement
“We’ve seen hotel bars evolve enormously in our 60-plus years of operating Forbes Travel Guide, hence the focus of our fourth Verified List,” said Filip Boyen, CEO of Forbes Travel Guide. “Hotel bars are now destinations in their own right and have the ability to transform a hotel experience. We congratulate all of the bars on the list, which were vetted and verified based on the most rigorous standards. They not only scored highly, but also provide the most luxurious experience for hotel and local guests alike”.