In this episode, Jennifer Klar discusses Six Senses’ industry-leading approach to wellness and sustainability.
Jennifer and I discuss the following:
- How Six Senses incorporate sustainability practices into their wellness offerings, and how these initiatives contribute to the overall well-being of their guests, team members and local communities.
- How to ensure that the resources you use align with sustainable practices and the steps to take to minimise the environmental and social impact.
- How to create opportunities for cultural exchange and experiences for guests while respecting and preserving local heritage and the environment.
- How to measure the impact of sustainability initiatives on guest satisfaction and overall sustainability goals.
- The role of technology in sustainability initiatives.
- What is holding the tourism industry back from doing more for sustainability.
About Six Senses:
From its beginnings in 1995, Six Senses quickly became recognized as the hospitality industry’s pioneer of sustainable practices, demonstrating that responsibility can be successfully wedded to uncompromised high-end facilities.
Whether on a remote private island, snowy mountain hideaway, desert dune, lush forest, rugged tundra, wine estate or in the middle of a lively lounge in the city, the enduring Six Senses vision remains as strong as ever: To help people reconnect with themselves, others and the world around them. This vision flows through everything – from building design and food preparation to social and environmental choices and the way each property welcomes guests. It also works inwards as well as outwards, to provide a safe, meaningful and empathetic culture for hosts too.
This ensures consistent quality without being formulaic, with each property free to infuse its own local touch. https://sixsenses.com.