Regional hoteliers will be able to hear from global brands such as TripAdvisor Experiences what guests are most looking for when they talk about “experiences”. Food and beverage director for Europe from Marriott International will discuss the trends in this currently the fastest growing segment of tourism.
The Talent Management Director for EMEA from Wyndham Hotels & Resorts (more than 470 hotels in the EMEA region) will present what Wyndham considers the future managers need to “have” for success. And from the Head of Performance Reporting & Insights for EMEA from InterContinental Hotels Group, how best to use that data to get the best knowledge of the guest. In addition, our expert in behavioral marketing who holds lectures at world conferences – will show how can you find out what guests really think about the hotel!
And certainly one of the major stars is one of the hotel operations icons, Senior Vice President of EMEA operations, one of the world’s most famous brands, Hyatt International.
On the second day, the workshops are organized with the key-note speakers.
HOW has gathered more than 500 participants in the first year (2017), and this year we plan to gather even more!
HOW Festival is the only conference on hotel operations, this year is held from October 3rd to 5th in the beautiful ambiance of Valamar Vollection Isabella Island Resort in Poreč. HOW collects middle management, hotel managers, operations managers and hotel department leaders. The Festival program includes discussions on hotel operations from the food and beverage segment, sales and marketing, reception, wellness, procurement, analytics, energy savings, technology and many more.
This year’s HOW Festival theme are:
- We keep talking about experience – do you know what kind of experience new travelers are looking for?
- Global trends in hotel operations
- What kind of leaders will the hospitality of the future need
- F&B global trends
- How to use data to know your guests
- Technology for internal communication in hotels: What is the right management mindset? Bigger ROI or better service quality? What technology makes sense? Do we need to invest or not?
- How to know what your guests really think about you?
- How to increase your income after booking and on site
- Tricks from Champagne connoisseurs: how to successfully sell Champagne by the glass
- What 21st century guests are looking for breakfast?
- Energy Saving
- DWEM Hospitality – intelligent Big Data hospitality solutions for advanced business analysis, reputation management and price positioning
- In-room entertainment: what do guests want and how to engage them efficiently
- Engagement and retention of employees
- How hotel bar can become part of hotel experience, importance of education and development of the bar staff
- How to improve OTA ratings while boosting revenue and refining HR management
- Modern supply in hotel business
- Integrated wellness software
- Workshops with key-note lecturers
In addition to the educational program, participants are will also have a rich entertainment program, which will include team building for all hotels for the first time as well as the great party and concert of Živa legenda!
The complete program as well as any information about the Festival are available on the official website: www.howfestival.com
Partner of HOW Festival is, as in the first year of the event, the Croatian Chamber of Commerce and sponsors are the Croatian Tourist Board, Istria County and Istarska County tourist board.