eHotelier, a leading supplier of eLearning programs for the global hotel industry, has teamed with CRUMBS, a charitable foundation that works with mixed-ability adults with a range of learning disabilities, stabilised addiction, mental health problems, and head injuries.
The partnership, together with eHoteliers partner, ATP, will offer online learning options to help those enrolled to develop professional and personal skills that support them into employment and independent living.
CRUMBS provides professionally recognised catering and hospitality education with a range of programmes that are endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality. The training will help to develop self-confidence and self-esteem as well as the employment skills to support the trainees in fulfilling their ambitions in the world of work.
The training programmes are designed to meet the needs of the individual trainee and are based on a comprehensive and detailed set of learning units. The programmes recognise three professional levels of achievement from the Foundation Certificate, progressing to the Certificate and culminating with a Diploma.
The professional skills they develop are those expected of a hospitality professional working in commercial operations and include food hygiene and safety, kitchen, housekeeping and bakery skills as well as the essential knowledge and understanding that underpins those skills.
“eLearning has proved to be a very powerful tool to engage with our trainees during the Covid-19 pandemic,” said Peter Jones, Chairman of CRUMBS. “When we had to stop our face-to-face training, we experimented with a range of ideas that would allow us to both keep contact and continue to meet our trainees needs. The response to eHotelier’s programmes has been remarkable, and our trainees have adapted well and are now much more adept in using the digital space.”
As the hospitality industry ramps up post-COVID, skilled workers are going to be in high demand. Crumbs graduates will be well positioned for placement in the industry with skills acquired through eHotelier eLearning.
Here are a list of the courses provided:
Food and Beverage Service:
- Produce dishes using basic methods of cookery
- Produce appetisers and salads
- Design and cost menus
- Produce vegetable fruit egg and farinaceous dishes
- Produce stocks sauces and soups
- Produce seafood dishes
- Produce poultry dishes
- Produce meat dishes
- Produce and serve food for buffets
- Prepare sandwiches
- Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
- Package prepared foodstuffs
- Maintain the quality of perishable items
- Coordinate cooking operations
- Clean kitchen premises and equipment
- Handle and serve cheese
- Work effectively as a cook
- Use food preparation equipment
- Clean premises and equipment
- Work effectively in hospitality service
- Show social and cultural sensitivity
- Provide service to customers
- Interact with customers
- Communicate in the workplace