A fascinating discussion with a professional hotelier, educator and experience professional on the challenges hoteliers face through reopening and rebuilding.
John Nielsen is the General Manager at Fivelements Retreat Bali as well as Senior Learning Facilitator with The Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School at Torrens University. John’s experience includes roles with Hyatt, Ritz Carlton and Mandarin Oriental Hotel Groups, as well as extensive senior management and entrepreneurial experience across Asia, Europe and Australia.
The Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School is the number one hotel management school in Asia Pacific and an eHotelier partner in providing executive development to current and aspiring leaders globally, including the 10 Leadership courses provided to over 4,500 leaders in Q1 2021.
- For hotels reopening, or forecasting a rebuilding of occupancy in the coming months, what hoteliers should be focussing on now
- How can hoteliers can maximise revenue, beyond room rate, to capitalise on higher occupancies
- How guest expectations may have changed over the past 12 months, and how hotels can prepare to ensure they exceed these expectations
- Expected staffing challenges we may face in the coming months
- The importance of communication at all levels of the business
- How a hotels approach to sustainability will impact business in the future