Accor has opened the doors to Australia’s first Mövenpick hotel, Mövenpick Hotel Hobart, which stands on one of Hobart’s principal heritage streetscapes near the Hobart waterfront.
Welcoming its first guests today, the 221-room warm and contemporary hotel promises to delight guests with Tasmanian nature design-inspired boutique interiors, fine food and wine experiences at Tesoro Modern Italian restaurant, a daily Chocolate Hour, and an assortment of other Mövenpick brand signature offerings.
Accor Pacific CEO, Simon McGrath, said: “Mövenpick Hotel Hobart transcends the traditional hotel experience by masterfully blending the brand’s Swiss heritage with a premium hospitality experience. We’re so excited to share this stunning property with guests visiting Hobart from other parts of Tasmania and Australia. Accor is planning more locations for Mövenpick across the Pacific and we believe this premium brand will quickly gain recognition for its culinary and service excellence.”
The Jaws Architects-designed hotel exemplifies Tasmanian contemporary design with richly layered textures and a locally-inspired colour palette. Wall panelling, furniture, fabrics and colours were carefully curated to ensure they reflect the rhythm, patterns, movement and tonal qualities of the Tasmanian landscape.
All guestrooms are situated on floors 3 to 18, with many providing breathtaking panoramic views and connecting guests with Hobart’s spectacular natural setting, while the common areas, designed by global design agency Greymatters, are located on the first two floors.
Guests are welcomed to the hotel in a beautifully appointed lobby on the ground floor, which flows into the hotel’s Tesoro Modern Italian restaurant – positioned to be one of Hobart’s finest food and wine experiences offering guests and visitors the very finest in modern Italian cuisine as well as locally inspired signature dishes.
A range of signature Mövenpick brand experiences are also offered at Mövenpick Hotel Hobart, including:
- Chocolate Hour: With the brand’s Swiss origins being famous for chocolate, Mövenpick Hotel Hobart dedicates one hour each afternoon to the ‘Chocolate Hour’. Between 4pm and 5pm daily, a complimentary sweet treat, such as an éclair, brownie or truffle, is served with any chocolate-inspired cocktail, mocktail or affogato purchase. The hotel also offers an indulgent assortment of chocolate tasting packages available at any time of the day.
- Healthy Shots:energy shots blended with juice or yoghurt and fresh fruit and vegetables will be offered to guests at breakfast as a kind gesture to start the day.
- Go Healthy:a range of tasty and nutritious dishes will be offered at breakfast, including grab and go small portions, helping guests make healthy choices.
- Mövenpick Products:as the only hotel brand with its own branded range of fine food and beverages, Mövenpick Hotel Hobart guests will be able to experience Mövenpick’s culinary heritage first hand with Mövenpick ice cream.
- Wi-Fi Everywhere:free wireless high-speed internet will be offered, providing seamless connectivity in the hotel building and its surroundings.
- Web Check-In:a convenient online service for guests to avoid reception formalities.
Mövenpick Hotel Hobart also boasts a flexible function space for up to 100 guests, which can also be divided into two smaller meeting rooms, along with a pre-event area and full bar, while both business and leisure travellers will enjoy the hotel’s modern gym.
Hobart’s rich historical and bustling waterfront precinct, along with its renowned culinary culture, is on the doorstep of Mövenpick Hotel Hobart. In just a short stroll, guests can be transported back in time at the historical Salamanca precinct, which is home to one of Australia’s best known art and craft markets. Within an easy drive, many more memorable moments await, such as experiencing the extraordinary world of MONA, enjoying freshly shucked oysters with award-winning wines, exploring the rich history of Tasmania’s convict past or simply soaking up Hobart’s spectacular scenery.
With a Swiss heritage dating back to the 1940s, Mövenpick offers a unique blend of contemporary city and resort hotels in more than 82 locations across Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. Mövenpick Hotel Hobart joins some of the world’s finest hotels including Mövenpick Resort & Spa Jimbaran Bali, Mövenpick Resort Kuredhivaru Maldives, Mövenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, Mövenpick Hotel Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Grand Plaza Mövenpick Dubai Media City UAE, Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre and Mövenpick Hotel The Hague. Like its sister properties, Mövenpick Hotel Hobart does ordinary things in an extraordinary way.
Founded in 1948 by Ueli Prager, Mövenpick was a pioneer on the Swiss restaurant scene and evolved into a premium international hotel brand, with inventive culinary excellence at its heart. Today, with nearly 100 properties around the world, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts continues to reflect the brand’s Swiss heritage and rich culinary legacy, while honouring its founder’s promise to never compromise on authenticity and quality. Mövenpick believes true hospitality is about turning small gestures into heartwarming moments. Mövenpick guests savour the flavour of life, balancing small indulgences with what’s good for them – and good for the world. They trust the brand to be responsible and act from the heart, and Mövenpick has been named the world’s most sustainable hotel group by Green Globe every year since 2017. Mövenpick holds a growing portfolio of more than 90 hotels in 28 countries. Mövenpick is part of Accor, a world-leading augmented hospitality group offering unique experiences in 5,000 hotels and residences across 110 countries.