Some of Asia’s ancient healing traditions will find their way into homes across the globe on June 13, 2020, as Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts in the Asia Pacific region take the lead in virtual and in-person experiences for Global Wellness Day 2020.
From forest bathing in Chiang Rai to laughter yoga in Bali and a centuries-old herbal tonic recipe in Jakarta, a special series of complimentary, livestream activities has been curated for the home environment, to enable viewers to connect with Four Seasons destinations and wellness experts from afar.
For those who prefer an in-person experience, Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong will be offering Tai Chi, Singing Bowl Therapy and a Yoga Class led by experts at Sweaty Betty.
The activities are not all dating back millennia; there will also be bootcamp-style workouts and plant-based recipes by Four Seasons chefs.
And while Global Wellness Day is just one day, the series highlights experiences that are available with Four Seasons every day of the year, and awaiting guests when they visit in future.
“At Four Seasons, wellness is not an industry but a culture, and every day is dedicated to improving wellbeing,” says Luisa Anderson, Regional Spa Director. “Our resorts and hotels across the Asia-Pacific connect guests deeper with their destination and each other, through deeply-nurturing experiences by the best local and global practitioners as well as our culinary masters. There has never been a better time to celebrate Global Wellness Day.”
Say Yes to Global Wellness Day and take a virtual trip across Asia on June 13, 2020, tagging @FourSeasons #FSWellness and #GlobalWellnessDay as while participating live on Instagram and Facebook:
- Wake up among the treetops in Bali with Laughter Yoga at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan as instructor Putu Purnama shares one of the secrets to why Balinese are always so happy. Then let the endorphins flow through a Restart 2020 Meditation with Ibu Fera, resident wellness mentor and former Buddhist nun. @fsbali
- Gaze over the turquoise waters and powder-soft white sand of the Maldives with Sunrise Yoga Meditation at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru. End the day with candle-light Trataka, a tantric method of mindfulness and purification that improves sleep and relaxation, while sharpening focus the next day. @fsmaldives
- Head to the bamboo jungles of Northern Thailand with Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle for Forest Bathing – an intimate encounter with nature on a trail led by Spa Manager Jutatip Sakulpanitcharuen. @fstentedcamp
- Connect with Four Seasons Hotel Jakarta and learn how to make jamu – the herbal drink favoured by Indonesians as the daily tonic for optimal wellbeing – and a nutrient-rich quinoa salad with Chef Asep Hamdani, before a bootcamp circuit to elevate heart rate. @fsjakarta
- Join a workout routine with Hotel Manager Simon Barnett and learn an EZ Smoothie recipe by Chef de Cuisine Kamarl John at Four Seasons Hotel Singapore. @fssingapore
- Connect with Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai for Tea Meditation led by the Resort’s Naturopath Sudha Nair, discover the flavour and goodness in a beetroot burger recipe from Executive Chef Liam Nealon, join a guided meditation and distance healing session with Reiki practitioner Shaylini Somani, and combat stress and anxiety with Kundalini Yoga. @fschiangmai
- Discover the power of mindfulness with visiting practitioner Carol Kandell at Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui as she leads a workshop on changing the habits of speech, bringing focus to conscious awareness of thoughts and words. @fskohsamui
- Prefer to connect with trainers in person? Enjoy traditional wellness therapies at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong as they present the ancient art of Tai Chi and Singing Bowl Therapy both led by their in-house experts as well as a Yoga class taught by their partners at Sweaty Betty. As a bonus, guests attending the Global Wellness Day program at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong will also receive a special Sweaty Betty gift. @fshongkong
All sessions are complimentary. For session times, send a direct message to the participating hotel’s Instagram account linked above.