The Asia Pacific hotel industry reported continued improved performance from previous months but at overall low levels, according to August 2020 data from STR.
U.S. dollar constant currency, August 2020 vs. August 2019
- Occupancy: -31.0% to 50.8%
- Average daily rate (ADR): -27.3% to US$69.81
- Revenue per available room (RevPAR): -49.8% to US$35.48
Although up month to month, each metric was the lowest for any August on record in the region.
Local currency, August 2020 vs. August 2019
- Occupancy: -61.9% to 23.0%
- ADR: -30.1% to INR3,498.04
- RevPAR: -73.4% to INR805.34
Each of the three key performance metrics were up from July, but occupancy and RevPAR remained the lowest for any August on record in the country.
- Occupancy: -11.9% to 64.2%
- ADR: -15.2% to CNY422.05
- RevPAR: -25.4% to CNY271.11
The occupancy and RevPAR levels were the highest for any month in China since November 2019, while the ADR level was the highest since January 2020.
Additional COVID-19 analysis
All of STR’s COVID-19 analysis can be found here.