As consumer demands for personalized service and competition for consumers’ attention continue to increase, travel and hospitality brands are challenged to stay ahead. To help marketers succeed, Yes Marketing surveyed more than 1,000 travelers on their priorities as they progress along their journey with travel and hospitality companies, from the first time they hear about a brand, to becoming a loyal customer.
Key findings from the report include:
- Almost half of travelers book through 3rd parties, representing a major lost opportunity for brands to engage consumers at this crucial first step
- 1 in 4 travelers feel they aren’t adequately rewarded for loyalty, indicating there’s room for improvement when it comes to retention and loyalty strategies
- Nearly 1 in 3 consumers say they rarely or never receive relevant communications from travel brands, indicating a need for a more focused approach to understanding consumer preferences about content
- More than half of consumers (52%) want travel and hospitality brands to send them more information about reservations and past travel
Report: Understanding the Traveler’s Journey
This survey report from Yes Marketing provides strategy tips based on consumer insights and real-world examples to help hospitality and travel brands guide travelers through initial consideration, to first booking, to becoming repeat customers, and long-term loyalists.
Download the full report to understand:
- Why travelers choose a new travel or hospitality brand
- What type of content and messaging influences them
- Which benefits and perks help keep them loyal (and more!)