Parisian-born brand, Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts is owning the summer yet again with the second sun-drenched season of Au Soleil, a Summer Soirée, an evolved program that brings the playful glamour of European summers to life at its more than 100 hotels around the world. Inspired by the brand’s French heritage and the allure of the Côte d’Azur, the global series of events invites guests to sip, sway and savour the journey of travel through all senses.
“Au Soleil is a state of mind that allows travellers to summer and savour the good life wherever they are and whenever they want,” said George Fleck, Vice President of Global Brand Marketing & Management, Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts. “This year our signature global programme includes fresh activations and new partners to inspire our urban and resort guests. From relaxing rosé and backgammon afternoons on urban terraces and romantic gardens in London or Los Angeles to bronzing in the sun on the beaches of Croatia and Côte d’Azur; travellers will be able to unlock Au Soleil destinations around the world.”
With a nostalgic nod to the glamour of the French Riviera in the 1960s, this revamped program aims to inspire travellers to explore the world in style. Beginning in June, participating Le Méridien Hotels will feature the following summer offerings:
– A How to Summer Guide, witty copy and clever illustrations become the ultimate guide on How to (Do Things) Au Soleil through the Le Méridien Lens, available in digital and printable format. The eternal step-by-step summer guide will capture the unspoken rules of a perfect day Au Soleil, whether on the beach or in the town.
– Dedicated Petit Plates menu offering Mediterranean inspired mini baguettes and local light bites that sing of the season, from oysters to grilled fish, all with perfectly paired rosé spritzers and aperitifs, part of the brand’s signature Sparkling programme.
– Guests will be able to see life through rosé coloured glasses with the return of the brand’s infamous Rosé Bar. Expanding the hit initiative, properties will also introduce pink lemonade as another signature element that is sans alcohol-friendly, utilizing its ingredients as decor notes integrated within the bar. Touches like French lavender and Polynesian guava become exotic garnishes to a new suite of beverages.
– A modern twist to classic games traditionally enjoyed outdoors during warm weather days such as the iconic seaside pastime of backgammon, as well as tic-tac-toe, poolside chess and chic modernist-style Jenga set both to-go and as an oversized option.
– An exclusive summer soundtrack, curated by French Bossa Nova collective Nouvelle Vague, invites guests to lounge a little longer.
– Taking the idea of the perfect day Au Soleil in the Côte d’Azur, guests can take summer with them to explore the city or spend a day by the beach, with the introduction of the Au Soleil-To-Go Kits which include the essentials for a perfect day under the sun. A suite of summer essentials ranging from a stylish tote, mid-century basket, yellow-and-white striped Turkish towels, French fashion magazines, chic tote, moisturizing face spritz, sunscreen, corksicle of rosé, etc. (varies by property).
Since espadrilles are the best shoe to move you through the world with style, Le Méridien has once again joined forces with Soludos – the ubiquitous footwear brand of summer – this time taking the collaboration to new heights via an exclusive limited-edition custom designed unisex espadrille. Guests who request the Au Soleil To-Go Kits will receive an exclusive discount to purchase the Le Méridien custom shoe design on the Soludos website. The custom shoe design retails for $75.
Embodying the idea that the sun never sets on the jet set, Le Méridien will chase the sun around the globe with chic activations nightly, weekly or monthly throughout the summer months in destinations including Atlanta, Chicago, Santa Monica and Montreal. Participating hotels across the pond in Barcelona, Istanbul, Paris, Rome, Munich and Nice will also have memorable moments to launch Au Soleil, a Summer Soirée.