Hilton has been ranked as the top global hospitality company to work for in the Asia’s Best Multinational Workplace 2019 list, according to global research and consulting firm Great Place to Work®. This marks the third consecutive year that Hilton has topped the prestigious list as a hospitality company. The accolade is a recognition of Hilton’s award-winning culture, Team Member benefits and travel perks that make it a great place to work, and it builds on Hilton’s wins in China, India, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates.
The Best Workplaces in Asia list honors organizations that are committed to sustaining high-trust cultures for their employees and are distinguished by the extraordinary levels of trust, pride and camaraderie in their workplaces. As one of the fastest growing hospitality companies in Asia-Pacific, the 100-year-old organization’s success in engaging and inspiring Team Members is guided by its purpose-driven innovation.
“As we gear up for our 100th year anniversary celebrations in May, we are thrilled to once again be ranked as one of Asia’s Best Multinational Workplaces and be listed as the top global hospitality company in the region for the third year running. This is an outstanding achievement by the team as we mark our centennial milestone this year, and we will continue working together to sustain our award-winning culture as the most hospitable company in the world,” said Alan Watts, Area President, Hilton, Asia Pacific.
“This achievement would not have been possible without the dedication of each and every one of our Team Members to spread the light and warmth of hospitality around us, demonstrating the Hilton Effect,” added Watts. “As one of the fastest-growing hospitality companies in Asia-Pacific, we look forward to creating more opportunities as we open more hotels in the region, to continue positively impacting guests, owners, Team Members and communities. We are extremely proud of all who have made this award a reality, ensuring Hilton is truly a great place to work by bringing our purpose to life.”
The company is third in the overall rankings across all industries.
Hilton offers leading programs for its 60,000 Team Members in Asia Pacific to thrive and develop on a personal and professional front, driven by a value proposition called Thrive@Hilton. Under the Thrive@Hilton framework, Hilton is rolling out initiatives which allow Team Members to grow and flourish in body, mind and spirit, creating an environment that promotes Team Members’ well-being and happiness. In Asia Pacific, these include:
- Heart of House, providing Team Members with a conducive physical working environment offering features such as Wi-Fi, popular food offerings and inviting décor, and the back-of-house areas are designed to mirror the hospitality each property extends to its guests
- Hilton University, an online learning resource that helps Team Members plan, manage and develop skills to support their career advancement
- E3 (Elevate, Engage, Excel), a development framework dedicated to help leaders hone their leadership skills
- Hilton Vocational Training Center in Myanmar which celebrated the graduation of the pioneer batch of students in August 2017, plugging the skills gap in developing frontier markets
- Women in Leadership workshops and conferences focusing on personal branding, emotional intelligence and career growth, which have empowered and advanced the career journeys of female Team Members in 2017, tripling female leadership in hotels since 2012. It is also a Singapore IMPACT Champion in support of HeForShe, a UN-led gender equality movement.
- Thrive Sabbatical, offering Team Members the chance to be awarded an all-expenses-paid, month-long sabbatical to pursue a cause that they keep close to their hearts, or to fulfill what might be a lifelong dream
- Travel with Purpose, Hilton’s corporate responsibility commitment which enables Team Members to positively impact local environments and communities around the world through initiatives such as Travel with Purpose Action Grants and Global Week of Service
Rewards & recognition
- Go Hilton, which provides exclusive travel discounts and perks for Team Members, as well as their families and friends
- Catch Me at My Best, the CEO Light & Warmth Awards and Team Member Appreciation Week, to acknowledge Team Members at all levels from guests, peers and managers
To be considered for the Best Workplaces list, companies must meet the minimum quantitative threshold on the Great Place to Work Trust Index© Employee survey, which gathers feedback from employees on how credibility, respect and fairness are expressed in the workplace. It accounts for two-thirds of total assessment. Accounting for the remaining one-third of the assessment is the Culture Audit© Management Questionnaire, which receives responses from organizations on insights into organizations’ value systems, programs and practices.
To view the full list of Asia’s Best Multinational Workplaces, please click here.