Sojern, a digital marketing platform built for travel marketers, shared travel trends and insights for Chinese New Year for Singapore. Key findings included:
International Searches & Bookings (Singapore) – Outbound and Inbound based on 15 days departure dates before & after 1st day of CNY
- Searches/Bookings have increased dramatically this year, with searches outbound of SG at 4.4x and inbound to SG at 3.7x.
- This is likely due to the increase in VTL lines that are operating this year compared to last year.
- Compared to last year last year where people were travelling home, much of this increase are from people looking to travel leisurely – with searches up by 6.5x
Top leisure destinations, outbound from Singapore
- Unsurprisingly Malaysia is the top destination with 56% of searches (likely families going home to visit for this extended holiday). We also see the usual – India, Australia & US – but with South Korea, Maldives and Germany popping up in the Top 10 destinations this year.
- South Korea and Maldives are amongst “holiday destinations” boosted by the open VTL.
Lead time/trip duration, outbound from Singapore
- There has been an increase in travellers looking to travel longer than a week this year to take full advantage of the short working CNY week in 2022.
To learn more about Sojern’s travel insights, visit: https://www.sojern.com/insights