Leading upselling tool Oaky has achieved SOC 2 Type 2 certification, a verified controls report for data security and security operations.
SOC 2 compliance is a standard issued by external auditors who investigate how well a vendor upholds its approach to safeguarding customer data. For security-conscious businesses and particularly cloud-based SaaS companies, SOC 2 compliance gives distinct confirmation that a company’s processes are carried out with a high degree of attention to the following points.
- Security. Including the protection of resources from unauthorised access and the proper use of IT security tools.
- Availability. Referring to the accessibility of Oaky and its system in line with security-related criteria.
- Processing integrity. Addressing whether Oaky achieves its purpose in an authorised way, i.e. delivering the right deals to the right people at the right time.
- Confidentiality. Concerning rigorous control of access to confidential information, through staff protocol as well as encryption and firewalls.
- Privacy. Pertaining to the handling of any personal information collected, used and stored, which must be protected from unauthorised access using advanced levels of security.
SOC 2 compliance isn’t a requirement for cloud-based SaaS software, rather it serves as added confirmation that a company’s processes are carried out with the utmost care and foresight.
“It is our biggest priority to ensure that our customers and end users can rely on Oaky to always handle their data in a safe and secure manner and with great integrity. The periodic SOC 2 audit is the best proof that Oaky is able to meet all the requirements to achieve this highest goal.” said Erik Tengen, Co-founder of Oaky.