Cora Cora Maldives, a five-star luxury Maldivian resort on the pristine Raa Atoll, is celebrating its unbeatable cultural and culinary attractions with a raft of activities, in-house events, and excursions designed to tempt the most sophisticated and receptive global travellers. Setting it apart also as a leader in eco-friendly travel in the fragile Indian Ocean archipelago is its appeal both as a resort and as a gateway to learning more about the Maldives, its culture, history, and environment.
‘It’s Freedom Time’ at Cora Cora Maldives! In-house you can learn to cook, play the guitar, make innovative cocktails, or just luxuriate in the spa, and outside you can take a deep dive into the spirit of the Maldives and swim around the stunning natural house reef. Away from the beautiful 100-villa estate, culture and contemplation await the curious.
CORA CORA MALDIVES– LIVE, LEARN, LOVE
- Food – take an hour-long cookery lesson in pizza and pasta-making or learn the arts of Indian cuisine -Cora Cora Maldives is a dining destination in itself! Acquapazza® is home to a pizza oven shipped all the way from Rome, and the staff has been trained by a professional pizzaiola in creating authentic Napoli pies. Other dining destinations include Tazäa®, an all-day dining style restaurant inspired by the spice route; Ginger Moon®, which has an all-female staff making dishes inspired by Asian street food; and Japanese restaurant TeienÒ, which is created around three Japanese styles of dining: Teppanyaki, Sushi, and Kushiyaki.
- Cocktails – at the iconic Acquapazza® Bar pick up the latest techniques in cocktail-making. Premium brands of spirits, beer, and liqueurs are available at Acquapazza® Beach Club and all other outlets. Unlimited cocktails & mocktails, signature drinks, various juices, soft drinks, mineral water, selection of tea & coffee are available from the Premium All-Inclusive Gourmet Meal PlanÒ.
- Creative Activity Lessons – it’s amazing what two half-hour lessons will teach you in the art of making music using guitars, whether you take it solo or in a group. There is a painting class hosted by the fastest speed painter in the Maldives, where participants choose a canvas and recreate their favourite view to take home. Different scents and spices can be explored at the candle-making workshops at MOKSHAÒ Spa & Wellbeing Centre. Guests can participate in coffee roasting sessions at MYCOFFEEÒ Café-bar exploring exquisite flavour profiles from dark-roast espresso, a medium-roast latte, to a light-roast filter. In an expression of personal freedom, Maldivian Dance classes are available for guests to revel in the traditional Maldivian lifestyle.
- Diving, waters sports, and cruising – with the PADI-certified diving school, guests can discover Raa Atoll’s incredible array of marine life. The surrounding waters are teeming with numerous species of fish, octopi, sharks, and dolphins. Sunset cruises also offer a chance to see dolphins performing their acrobatics around the boat, all accompanied by a cold glass of fizz and local hors d’oeuvres. Paddle-boarding, jet skis, kayaks, and windsurfing can also be arranged.
- MOKSHAÒ Spa & Wellbeing Centre – temptation beckons from the therapeutic haven of the MOKSHAÒ Spa & Wellbeing Centre, which offers a signature herbal compression massage in over-the-water treatment rooms, where a glass floor reveals the diverse and colourful sea life darting among the coral beneath your feet. Get hands-on help for an aching back and sore muscles with a range of aromatherapy massages and get your glow back with skin-based therapies to boost hydration and purify any problem areas.
- CoraKidsÒ – relax while your little ones have fun in our activity-filled club, open to children aged 3 to 12 and split into three age groups, where you can drop in for a session or let them hang out with their new friends all day. Gentle dancing, yoga, nail painting, hair styling, and relaxation sessions are perfect for kids who just want to chill out.
- The Dutch Onion Museum/ Cora Cora MaldivesÒ – a cultural heritage museum and on-site art gallery, houses more than 400 artefacts that were unearthed there, including Chinese porcelain and Maldivian tools. There’s even an HMV gramophone from the 1960s complete with a vinyl disc. A guided tour explores the foundations of a mosque, an Islamic graveyard, and two well-preserved ritual bathing pools. The Dutch Onion Museum/ Cora Cora MaldivesÒ encourages visitors to learn about the country’s nature, archaeology, and economy and illustrates Maldivian culture, art, and heritage. The unique museum tells the rich story of travel and transformation across the Maldives. For such a small place, the island is packed with history. Cora Cora Maldives was the very first resort in the Maldives to have such a licensed art gallery and museum in the Outdoor Heritage Site. Guests can experience an interactive journey through time and explore the rich history of the Maldives.
- Paradise perfected – Cora Cora Maldives is a natural island with palm-fringed powder-white sands gently lapped by the azure Indian Ocean. The island’s house reef is easily accessible from the beach and is the perfect place for an unforgettable snorkelling experience. Reached in mere metres, the house reef is home to 100s of colourful marine species that can be marvelled at by the whole family. On land, the island is a haven for luscious vegetation. To protect the rich vegetation on the island, Cora Cora Maldives do not use invasive alien species in their gardens and also minimises trimming to allow the native vegetation to flourish!
- Be part of Cora Cora’s initiative to obtain Green Globe Certification this year, the premier certification for the travel and tourism industry, through its commitment as a green leader to promote its environmental credentials and sustainable practices. Cora Cora Maldives sources and obtains many local products including watermelons, papayas, Kurumba, bananas, and many others which have been grown organically. Freshly caught fish using the pole and line method is brought directly from the sea by local fishermen every day. The resort buys in bulk to reduce packaging wastes and prefers eco-friendly, bio-degradable, recycled materials with a minimum impact on the environment. Native vegetation is kept as undisturbed as possible and no captive wildlife, endangered species, or any form of unethical items are used, sold, or allowed on Cora Cora Maldives. Responsible waste management, treated wastewater for irrigation and gardening, reusable glass water bottles, and biodegradable chemicals for cleaning, laundry, and kitchens are all aspects of an elevated operation with sustainability at its heart, designed to take guests on the ongoing sustainability journey.
- And finally …… unique dining experiences enjoyed by the entire family! At TazäaÒ the Fisherman’s Catch BBQ is a particular highlight. For a night all about seafood and fish, this lavish buffet is a fish lover’s paradise and offers the very best the ocean has to offer. Every Thursday, Cora Cora Maldives holds a Maldivian-themed night where resort staff wear traditional clothes and perform Bodu-Beru (a Maldivian dance) for the guests. Not to mention delicious authentic Maldivian cuisine!
Living by its credo – It’s Freedom Time – Cora Cora Maldives is renowned for giving guests the time and space to rediscover themselves. The journey of inspiration, freedom, and discovery can start with a wealth of books to delve into in all the rooms, then swiftly carry you on a canoe trip to a remote island before delivering you back to experience the specialised health and rejuvenation treatments, yoga, and meditation at the MOKSHAÒ Spa & Wellbeing Centre.