The Ascend Hotel Collection, part of Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH), continued 2023 with an impressive second quarter, reinforcing its position as the largest single collection of independent hotels worldwide. The Collection awarded six new agreements and added seven new properties to its domestic portfolio in the second quarter of 2023, providing guests with even more options coast to coast.
These new properties will be backed by the power of Choice Privileges, the award-winning loyalty program where members earn points on eligible charges during their stay, which can be redeemed for reward nights at approximately 7,500 hotels, representing nearly 630,000 rooms, in 46 countries and territories worldwide. With the Choice Privileges Mastercard, members can earn more points faster, including on everyday purchases, and use those points toward a stay at one of the Collection’s properties in new, key markets.
Recent signings include properties in popular destinations across the United States, including:
- Three Bears Resort in Warren, Wisconsin. This is the second Ascend property developed by S&L Hospitality, joining The Harborview in Port Washington, WI, and the 6th Choice property under management by the group.
- A 44-room property in Red River, New Mexico within walking distance from Red River Canyon and Old Town.
- The Bradford Hotel in Springfield, Missouri. This 49-room property in the Medical Mile is developed by Elliot Lodging, adding to a lineup of five existing Choice properties.
- La Créole Inn & Suites in Lafayette, Louisiana, a new construction developed by Pride Opportunity Developers.
- Black Bear Inn in Orono, Maine. This 68-room property is the latest addition by New England Hospitality to the Collection.
“In addition to continuing to welcome new franchisees to the Collection, we are proud to see existing Choice owners increase their footprint following their continued success with Ascend and other Choice brands,” said Mark Shalala, senior vice president, franchise development, upscale brands, Choice Hotels. “Since the Collection’s inception 15 years ago, we’ve been committed to helping owners run profitable businesses while maintaining operational independence, providing unmatched support from Choice’s industry-leading technology and robust distribution platform.”
Recent openings to the Ascend Hotel Collection include unique locations, from alpine resorts to lakeside retreats including:
- Graystone Lodge, Ascend Hotel Collection (Boone, North Carolina)
- Located in the heart of the stunning Blue Ridge Mountains, this 101-room modern hotel offers guests convenient access to Boone’s top attractions, including Appalachian Ski Mountain, Appalachian State University, and Kidd Brewer Stadium. The property captures the spirit of the High Country and incorporates local elements into all aspects of the hotel, including artwork and goods from surrounding small businesses. The hotel features a heated indoor pool, EV charging stations, and bonfire pits.
- CityFlats Hotel – Grand Rapids, Ascend Hotel Collection (Grand Rapids, MI) and CityFlats Hotel – Port Huron, Ascend Hotel Collection (Port Huron, MI)
- Conveniently located in the downtown areas of Grand Rapids and Port Huron, this pair of CityFlats properties recently opened as a part of the Ascend Hotel Collection. The two hotels utilize eco-conscious design, featuring reclaimed wood, glass and plastics, as well as cork flooring and locally sourced furniture, making each guest room unique.
- The Hotel Saratoga, Ascend Hotel Collection (Saratoga Springs, NY)
- Located less than an hour north of Albany, The Hotel Saratoga is just minutes from downtown Saratoga Springs, the home of thoroughbred horse racing. On top of the Saratoga Race Course and Casino and National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame, guests can enjoy convenient access to a number of nearby restaurants, bars, and activities. The hotel features a state-of-the-art fitness center, an outdoor pool, and dedicated meeting rooms for business or personal use.
- Inn on Maritime Bay, Ascend Hotel Collection (Manitowoc, WI)
- Positioned on the shores of Lake Michigan and the mouth of the Manitowoc River, this 109-room lakeside property offers guests beautiful water views in every direction on top of upscale amenities like an indoor heated swimming pool and spa and an on-site lounge.
- The Gibson, Ascend Hotel Collection (Great Falls, MT)
- Named after Paris Gibson, the founder of Great Falls, Montana, this 44-room boutique hotel places guests just minutes from the many outdoor and recreational opportunities the area has to offer, including Giant Spring State Park, River’s Edge Trail, and Mansfield Center for Performing Arts. The hotel features a well-equipped fitness center, complimentary continental breakfast, and a business center.
“From the Blue Ridge Mountains to the scenic shores of Lake Michigan, these new hotels are a great representation of the unique offerings guests have come to expect and value from Ascend,” said Indy Adenaw, senior vice president and general manager, upscale brands, Choice Hotels. “As we approach a curated collection of over 360 unique hotels and resorts around the world, we look forward to welcoming even more guests, so they can experience our exceptional service and upscale offerings that enhance their exploration of the destination.”
Choice Hotels is an industry challenger within the upscale segment with brands Ascend Hotel Collection, Radisson and Cambria Hotels. These upscale brands enable Choice Hotels to meet guests’ needs in more places and for more occasions while driving more value for owners.
Additionally, Choice Hotels, with a franchisee-first focus and an industry-leading retention rate, has been committed to providing its hotel owners with the support they need to succeed since it launched the country’s first hotel chain in 1941. Today, Choice offers franchisees a suite of proprietary cutting-edge cloud-based solutions, including the choiceADVANTAGE property management system, the choiceEDGE guest reservation platform, and ChoiceMAX, a mobile-friendly revenue management tool that continuously adapts to changes in the market using real-time data. Additionally, the award-winning Choice University educational platform delivers customized and always evolving learning and development resources. From pre-opening to grand opening and every day forward, Choice provides hotel owners with best-in-class resources to help them maximize the return on their investment.