These new hotels are a result of IHG’s commitment to sustainable growth across Europe and include new properties for five of its brands, including InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn Resort.
(Mrs) Willemijn Geels, VP Development Europe, IHG Hotels & Resorts, said: “Türkiye is a key growth market for IHG and these signings span right across our brand portfolio, demonstrating the confidence of our owners in our brands and the IHG enterprise. There is a clear long-term appetite for domestic and international travellers to this country and it is proof that our choice to invest in this market is paying off, as we continue to see a rich and dynamic future for hospitality and travel in Türkiye.”
- IHG’s first hotel in Mersin city, Holiday Inn Mersin has been signed together with ownership group Koknar Turizm San. ve Tic. LTD Sti., offering 95 guest rooms. The hotel will be part of a new financial development in the city, and a short distance from the city centre and with public transport to the seaside – making it perfect for business and leisure travel alike. The hotel is expected to open in late 2026.
- Expected to open in Istanbul in late 2025, Holiday Inn Express Istanbul Arnavutkoy will offer 64 guest rooms close to Istanbul International Airport. Signed together with ownership group Firatim Insaat Gayrimenkul San. Ve Tic. Ltd. Sti., the hotel will feature a bar, restaurant and terrace.
- IHG’s first resort in the country, Holiday Inn Resort Bodrum opened in summer 2023, bringing 266 guest rooms to Bodrum Bardakci Bay. Set on sloping hills overlooking the Aegean Sea, the resort features pools, spa facilities, three restaurants and five bars – making for the perfect escape.
- IHG’s first hotel in Yalova, Crowne Plaza Yalova was signed together with Marti Termal Turizm Insaat Sanayi, and will open in spring 2024. The hotel will offer 106 guest rooms, a restaurant, a lobby bar featuring a patisserie, meeting space and a ballroom. The hotel also offers a spa, fitness and wellness area making it a perfect destination for neighbouring cities like Istanbul, for those seeking to enjoy the city’s thermal baths and beaches.
- Crowne Plaza Kayseri, signed together with Huma Saglik Hizmetleri A.S., will open in Q2 2024 offering 186 guest rooms, a restuarant, lobby bar, meeting space and a fitness and spa area. A first for the brand in the city, the hotel will be convenient for Kayseri’s industrial zone, city centre and Kayseri football stadium. The hotel will also be located adjacent to a renovated full-service hospital and a short journey from Erciyes Mountain – one of Türkiye’s most famous ski resorts.
Luxury & Lifestyle
- Signed earlier this year, the 231-key InterContinental Bursa hotel will bring a luxury hotel to the country’s fourth largest city. Being developed in partnership with owner Atis Yapi, the hotel is expected to open in early 2025, in what will become the largest hotel in this UNESCO World Heritage status city. Türkiye is already home to the InterContinental Istanbul which sits on the city’s European side and overlooks the Bosphorus and Istanbul’s historic skyline. Furthermore, InterContinental Grand Ankara was signed in 2021 and is due to open in late 2024. Read more about InterContinental Bursa here.
IHG has thirty open hotels in Türkiye and a further nine in the development pipeline, across the following brands: Six Senses, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn Express.