The city’s most symbolic five-star luxury hotel returns as the centrepiece of Thailand’s hospitality and reopens its doors to provide guests with unparalleled luxury experiences and elegant designs inspired by Thailand’s rich culture.
The world’s first and largest luxury hotel brand, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, has officially reopened InterContinental Bangkok, known as the city’s most iconic five-star luxury hotel located in the heart of Bangkok, after a multimillion-dollar renovation and spectacular makeover.
Located in Bangkok’s Central Business District directly adjacent to the BTS Chidlom Skytrain, InterContinental Bangkok is at walking distance to the capital’s main lifestyle shopping locations and major business addresses. For two decades, the hotel has been part of the city of angels’ landscape, and its recent multimillion-dollar renovation and an impressive makeover now positions the InterContinental Bangkok like never before, re-emerging as a modern grand hotel designed for contemporary living.
Stephen Gould, General Manager, InterContinental Bangkok said: “As part of IHG Hotels & Resorts’ luxury and lifestyle portfolio, InterContinental Bangkok is one of Thailand’s most premium hotels. Welcoming guests back to the InterContinental Life marks a significant milestone for us. Over the course of our renovation, we have thoughtfully woven in a blend of modern sophistication and Thai heritage inspired by the traditions of Thai welcoming ceremonies backed by world-class service. Our elite network of concierges and colleagues combine local expertise and tradition with modernity to spark joy in our guests’ stay, creating truly exceptional experiences and moments that matter for our guests.”
Re-Introducing the InterContinental Life in Bangkok
The hotel has re-emerged with artistic nods to the beauty of Bangkok’s magnificent palaces and cultural attractions as well as the city’s famous skyline, offering 381 all-new luxury guestrooms, including Club InterContinental rooms and a range of suites.
The lobby’s remarkable centrepiece, a chandelier inspired by the intricate Phuang Malai garland, elegantly welcomes guests with iconic Thai warmth. Throughout the hotel, walls and ceilings showcase Thailand’s heritage and culture with traditional floating flowers and renowned Kranok patterns tracing back to the Sukhothai Kingdom; while carefully placed modern abstract and local artisan artworks convey the spirit of the Thai welcoming ceremonies and immerse travellers in the country’s rich culture.
Unique dining experiences will transport guests from west to east at the hotel’s seven dining and bar concepts teamed by some of the most highly skilled head chefs with Michelin-star restaurant leadership experiences, including:
- SoCal: the debut of the city’s first California-inspired restaurant which features over 50 California wine selections as well as a cuisine and mixology with a variety of fresh flavours, sustainable seasonal produce. Signature dishes include lobster tostada, grilled octopus, pork belly tacos, cioppino seafood stew and slow cooked lamb neck.
- Espresso: An authentic all-day dining with live cooking stations offering quality ingredients, inspired by the street markets of Bangkok where every meal is a journey and a well-travelled experience.
- Fireplace Grill and Bar: Quality classic European dishes since 1966 such as perfectly grilled steaks and seafood.
- Summer Palace: Authentic Cantonese cuisine, exquisitely prepared dim sum and specialities of meals skilfully crafted by talented chefs in a live kitchen atmosphere.
Guests have access to a wide range of facilities and on-site amenities, including:
- Oasis: A reimagined rooftop pool delivering panoramic views of Bangkok’s skyline.
- Spa InterContinental: A full-service spa offering HARNN body treatments and Elemis facial treatments. A total of nine treatment rooms including three couple rooms and a traditional Thai massage room.
- Infinity Fitness: A 24-hour state-of-the-art fitness centre with an extensive team of private trainers.
- Meeting and Events: A variety of 19 function rooms, meeting and event spaces, including the Grand Ballroom which accommodates up to 1,000 guests.
InterContinental Bangkok is part of the prestigious InterContinental brand, building on its longstanding heritage, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts continues to refine luxury hospitality and is poised to open more than 30 hotels in the next two years. Having recently celebrated its 75th anniversary, InterContinental is continuing to evolve and redefine its ethos of discovery and modern luxury and this new hotel represents a perfect illustration of this evolution.
The hotel is also one of 450 properties under IHG’s luxury & lifestyle portfolio, one of the largest in the industry, and of the more than 6,000 hotels within the IHG One Rewards platform. Centred around guests, the best-in-class loyalty programme offers richer benefits at 18 leading hotel brands and more ways to be rewarded than ever before, all powered by leading technology on the new IHG One Rewards mobile app.