In celebration of its 190th anniversary, Guerlain is teaming up with InterContinental Hong Kong to present the exclusive #190YEARSOFCREATION afternoon tea from August 15 – September 30, 2018.
Established in 1828 by the Perfumer-Chemist Pierre-Francois Pascal Guerlain, Guerlain has a heritage of creative audacity and savoir-faire, with an ethos of joyful, radiant beauty for all women and products that reveal each woman’s beauty and complement her personality. For 190 years, Guerlain Perfumers have travelled the globe, insatiable explorers on the hunt for the planet’s rarest flowers and essences.
Inspired by Guerlain’s rich heritage and French savoir-faire, InterContinental Hong Kong’s Executive Chef Maxime Luvara and Executive Pastry Chef Christian Gonthier have created an elegant afternoon tea set that showcases prestigious ingredients, classic French recipes and delicate Parisian pastries. Their confectionary creations pay homage to Guerlain’s defining ingredients: Rose, Iris, Vanilla, Tonka Beans, Bergamot and Jasmine.
The tea set includes:
Savoury items by Executive Chef Maxime Luvara
- Crab meat with bouillabaisse, vol-au-vent
- Ham/cheese/truffle sandwich “Croque Monsieur’’ style
- Boston lobster ‘’Thermidor’’ style with brioche bun
- Foie gras and duck rillette sandwich roll (with an iris inspired garnish)
Pastries by Executive Pastry Chef Christian Gonthier
- Ispahan macaron with rose petals and raspberry fragrance
- Dark chocolate and coffee opera with gold leaf
- Lemon tartlette, mandarin (bergamot inspired) jelly and soft meringue
- “Paris-Brest’’, caramelised hazelnut and mousseline cream (with almond and jasmine garnish)
- Grand Marnier floating island with vanilla sticks
Plain and raisin scones
Served with Devonshire clotted cream, earl grey tea Jelly and fresh fruit jam.
The tea set is served with a selection of fine Mariage Frères tea or coffee. Providing a comprehensive experience, the afternoon tea is served on a specially made Guerlain black box for visual aesthetics.
Celebrating this collaboration and the new Abeille Royal Collection, afternoon tea guests during this period will each receive an exclusive Guerlain #190YearsOfCreation gift aet valued at HK$549 inclusive of:
- Abeille Royale night cream (3 ml)
- Abeille Royale eye cream (5 ml)
- Abeille Royale black bee honey balm (3 ml)
- Mon Guerlain body lotion (30 ml)
- Mon Guerlain EDP (5 ml) A
- Gift card for a complimentary Abeille Royale eye & lip massage service (upon completion of the service, you will receive a complimentary one-piece sample).
The afternoon tea set is available Monday-Friday: 2:30pm – 6:00pm/ Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays: 1:30pm – 6:00pm.
HK$668 for two persons +10% service charge, inclusive of two Guerlain gift sets.
In light of this joyful celebration, Guerlain customers can enjoy an exclusive 20% off discount on #190YEARSOFCREATION AFTERNOON TEA by presenting any Guerlain invoices dated within August 15 – September 30, 2018.