The HSMAI Americas Board supervises the Sales Advisory Board, Marketing Advisory Board, and Revenue Management Advisory Board. Each board is comprised of industry leaders and hospitality experts. The 2020 Americas Board also supports HSMAI’s Organizational Membership program, which is comprised of over 60 member organizations.
CMO of Red Roof for over ten years, MacDonald has forged a path – and acted as a role model – for women who aspire to leadership positions in the hospitality industry. One of her most notable achievements was launching the Red Roof Forum on Leadership for Women Entrepreneurs that showcases women in the hospitality industry.
MacDonald’s many notable achievements and awards have all contributed to her appointment to this new top leadership role with HSMAI. They include:
- In 2019, she was chosen as an honoree for the prestigious Marketing Hall of Femme.
- In 2018, she oversaw the launch of two major Red Roof sub-brands, The Red Collection® and HomeTowne Studios by Red Roof® in multiple cities.
- In 2017, the American Hotel & Lodging Association awarded her the industry’s Paving the Way award for her efforts to encourage women to grow their careers and pursue leadership roles.
- She was named one of the Top 30 Most Influential Women in Hospitality by Hotel Management and featured on the cover of Lodging magazine.
- Under her watch, Red Roof was recognized and awarded the 2019, 2018 and 2017 Best Budget Hotel Brand by USA Today Reader’s Choice.
Her appointment as Chair is effective immediately.
HSMAI Americas Executive Committee members:
Chair: Marina MacDonald, CHDM, Chief Marketing Officer, Red Roof
Chair Elect: John Washko, VP Exhibitions & Convention Sales, Mohegan Sun
Vice Chair: Andrew Rubinacci, CHSP, Chief Commercial Officer, Omni Hotels & Resorts
Secretary-Treasurer: Michael Innocentin, Vice President, E-Commerce & Digital, North & Central America, AccorHotels
Immediate Past Chair: Mark Thompson, CHBA, CHSE, CHDM, Senior Vice President of Tourism, VisitDallas
President: Robert Gilbert, CHME, CHA, President & CEO, HSMAI
The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) is committed to growing business for hotels and their partners and is the industry’s leading advocate for intelligent, sustainable hotel revenue growth. The association provides hotel professionals and their partners with tools, insights, and expertise to fuel sales, inspire marketing, and optimize revenue through programs such as the Marketing Strategy Conference, Adrian Awards, and HSMAI ROC. Founded in 1927, HSMAI is a membership organization comprising more than 5,000 members worldwide, with 40 chapters in the Americas Region. Connect with HSMAI at hsmai.org, HSMAI Facebook, HSMAI Twitter, and HSMAI YouTube.