With sharp-eyed focus on the revitalization of global travel, the International Travel Show, featuring presenting sponsor Travel + Leisure, will celebrate “The Future of Travel” with lively programming for travel industry trade and consumers from Friday, Oct. 28 to Sunday, Oct. 30, 2022, at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City. The successor of The New York Times Travel Show, last held in 2020, and currently the only major travel show of its kind, the International Travel Show is the place to discover critical changes in technology, sustainability, and responsible tourism that are drawing a new generation of travelers and setting up the industry to excel in the days and years ahead.
The International Travel Show (ITS) will open to the trade only on day one (Oct. 28) and to the public on days two and three (Oct. 29-30) with every day showcasing an exciting array of destinations, travel companies, cruise lines, hotels and resorts and travel related products and services.
Travel the World
The Jacob K. Javits Convention Center will come alive with exhibits by major travel industry players including Tourism Malaysia, The British Virgin Islands, Royal Caribbean International, Wonderful Indonesia, Jamaica Tourist Board, Greater Miami, Palace Resorts and Le Blanc Spa Resorts, The Travel Corporation, Cayman Islands and Viking Cruises.
Among show presentations to hotly anticipate are the Tastes of the World Theatre and Pavilion presented by Doug Duda, host of the A&E International TV series The Well-Seasoned Traveler; the Family Travel Association’s Family Travel Pavilion, with an interactive look at what the industry is offering families for vacation planning for all ages; the LGBTQ+ Pavilion with dozens of tourism brands showcasing trip-planning, experiences and packages; and the annual charity auction of the Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association Education Foundation, with opportunity to bid on dozens of Caribbean hotel vacations with proceeds going to fund scholarships and training for Caribbean hospitality industry professionals. There will also be three Cultural Stages on the show floor with exhibiting countries presenting exciting cultural performances from every corner of the planet.
Inside Scoops from Travel Industry Experts
Trade Day (Oct. 28) will feature four (4) Conference Tracks – Cruise, Destinations, Hotels & Resorts, and Tours with 22 Trade only Conference sessions and Keynote presentations on travel trends and the future of travel as it relates to consumer sentiment and travel product development.
Important Keynote sessions include top travel executives and thought leaders speaking on travel recovery, travel innovation, and responsible travel to ensure the safety, welfare and survival of travel destinations and the communities served by tourism. The panel will feature a cross section of travel experts from travel agency, cruise, hotel and resort, and tour and destination segments. Speakers include Tourism Minister Edmund Bartlett of Jamaica, Pierfrancesco Vago, executive chairman of MSC Cruises, airline consumer advocate Bill McGee, and travel personality Pauline Frommer.
In addition to exploring exhibits, the public will have ample opportunity to join engaging presentations, including a Keynote Panel Session on “How Top Travel Experts See Travel in 2023,” and multiple sessions designed to engage and inform travelers on the essentials of travel planning. Sessions include:
- The Cruise Track will feature cruise experts on everything from “How to Experience the Hottest New Expedition Cruises” to “Cruising Like a Traveler and Not Like a Tourist.”
- The Meet the Experts Track will offer guest speakers on everything from “The Hottest and Most Affordable Destinations” to an insider look at “Where the Influencers Go.”
- The Traveling Better Track will offer insights into “How to Choose the Right Insurance,” “How to Plan the Perfect Honeymoon and Destination Wedding,” and more.
- The Destinations Track will provide insights on where to travel and how, such as “How to Find the Perfect Trip to Italy” and “Planning a Successful Sustainable and Responsible Travel Trip.”
- The Resorts Track will dip into the expansion of luxury hotels and resorts with seminars such as “What to Look for in a Luxury Resort” and “How to Pick the Perfect All-Inclusive Trip”
- The Resources Track will cover “The Best Travel Gear and Gadgets of 2022/23”