Hyatt Hotels Corporation today announced the opening ofÊHyatt Place Maca, a smartly designed, high-tech and contemporary hotel in the Brazilian state of Rio de Janeiro.ÊHyatt Place MacaÊis the first oceanfront Hyatt Place hotel in Latin America and the second Hyatt Place hotel in Brazil, joiningÊHyatt Place So Jos do Rio Preto, which opened in November 2016. The hotel is part of a larger master developmentÊagreementÊbetween Hyatt affiliates and Elandis to develop a total of nine Hyatt Place hotels across Brazil.
ÒThis opening will mark the fourth Hyatt property in the country and the Hyatt Place brand’s second hotel in Brazil, which strengthens Hyatt’s position in both primary and secondary cities within the country. We’re delighted to expand the Hyatt Place brand into Maca and are sure that both business and leisure travellers will appreciate the innovative service concept and modern design offered by Hyatt Place Maca,Ó said Luciano Julio, regional director of operations in Latin America, Hyatt Place and Hyatt House. ÒThis opening will mark the fourth Hyatt property in the country and the Hyatt Place brand’s second hotel in Brazil, which strengthens Hyatt’s position in both primary and secondary cities within the country.Ó
TheÊHyatt PlaceÊbrand is rooted in extensive consumer insights indicating that guests seek stylish, comfortable, seamless experiences that accommodate guests’ lifestyles and familiar routines. Centrally located in the Cavaleiros neighbourhood, Hyatt Place Maca offers casual hospitality and purposeful service featuring:
- 141 spacious rooms, fitted with a Cosy Corner and sofa-sleeper. The rooms also include the signature Hyatt Grand Bed, luxury bath toiletries and hi-tech amenities, including a 43Ó flat screen TV, to guarantee the optimum comfort for guests. Ocean View rooms offer an idyllic coastal scene to the Atlantic Ocean.
- Free Wi-FiÊthroughout the hotel and guestrooms.
- 24/7 Gallery Market, offering perfectly packed grab-and-go items, ranging from freshly prepared snacks and sandwiches to salads and pastries.
- Coffee to Cocktails Bar, which serves a variety of specialty hot beverages as well as premium beers, wines and cocktails.
- Rooftop PoolÊfrom where to admire sweeping ocean views.
- 24/7 GymÊfeaturing Life Fitness machines, free weights and exercise balls for those who want to keep up their workout regimes.
- 24/7 Business CenterÊwith remote printing to cater to guests with demanding schedules.
- Meeting SpacesÊoffer more than 148 square meters of flexible meeting and event space.
Elandis led the design, planning and construction of the property with Hyatt employing more than 40 associates to manage and operate the hotel.
ÒWe are excited to see this hotel becoming a reality under our joint venture with Hyatt and looking forward to seeing Maca grow as a business and leisure tourism destination,Ó said Alexandros Kallantzis, Head of Brazil, Elandis. ÒWe are proud of having successfully delivered the project on schedule and on budget.Ó
Located 110 miles northeast of Rio de Janeiro, Maca is known as the ÒNational Petroleum CapitalÓ of Brazil and maintains a robust offshore oil industry that brings executives from around the country and globe to the city for business purposes. The city also recentlyÊreceived an ÔA’ ratingÊby Brazil’s Minister of Tourism (MTur), placing it amongst the top-rated cities for tourism in the country. The thoughtful service offered at Hyatt Place Maca will provide both business and leisure travellers with an optimal choice while visiting the city.
Hyatt is currently represented in Brazil by two full-service luxury hotelsÊGrand Hyatt So PauloÊ(466 rooms),ÊGrand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro(436 rooms) and now by two select service hotels, includingÊHyatt Place So Jos do Rio PretoÊ(152 rooms) andÊHyatt Place Maca(141 rooms).