The All Suites brands by Hilton have carried the momentum of last year’s record-breaking growth into 2018, opening 23 hotels in the first quarter.
This growth included the opening of new urban properties in locations ranging from New York City to Las Vegas and Seattle’s historic Pioneer Square. The All Suites brands also completed 49 hotel deals in the first quarter, which added several new urban locations to the category’s collective property pipeline.
ÒThe All Suites brands have proven time and again to be a strong investment opportunity that can withstand the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry,Ó said Dianna Vaughan, global head and senior vice president, All Suites brands by Hilton. ÒThis resilience, coupled with our commitment to innovation, has driven the explosive growth of our pipeline, and it’s why we saw a nearly 29 percent increase in approved deals during the first quarter compared to the same time period of 2017.Ó
In the first quarter of the year, the All Suites brands by Hilton opened 23 hotels, which included the following notable, new locations:
- Embassy Suites by Hilton New York Ð Midtown Manhattan: centrally located, the hotel marks the brand’s return to New York City.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown Pioneer Square: the latest addition to the brand’s slate of urban hotels, the property is situated within Seattle’s first neighbourhood and in close proximity to CenturyLink Field and Safeco Field.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Louisville Downtown: set in the heart of ÒDerby City,Ó this hotel provides a centrally located, extended-stay option in the downtown area.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Arlington Rosslyn Key Bridge: located just outside the city centre, the hotel is minutes away from the entertainment hubs of Georgetown and downtown Washington, D.C.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Las Vegas Strip South: the brand’s first property in Nevada, this hotel is a pet-friendly option walkable to numerous Las Vegas attractions.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport: located in a premier tourist destination, the property is a quick walk or drive away from Savannah, GA’s top attractions.
The All Suites brands by Hilton bolstered its pipeline with 49 new signed deals during the first quarter of 2018, bringing the total combined pipeline to more than 570 pending hotels. Notable signed deals include:
- Embassy Suites and Home2 Suites Miami West Brickell: ÊSlated to open in 2020, the property will be the first dual-brand hotel between these two All Suites brands.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Worth DFW South: One of ten hotels under development for the brand in the state of Texas.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Boise Downtown: This new hotel will expand the brand’s urban footprint with its location in the heart of a city that is emerging as a premier destination for meetings and conventions.
Brand achievements and upcoming milestones
The All Suites brands continued to showcase their innovation and flexibility this quarter with new initiatives and milestones, including:
- The brand rolled out its new F&B program, designed to deliver an elevated dining experience for guests and increase profitability and efficiencies for owners. Offering two bar-centric dining concepts, the fast-casual E’Terie Bar & Grill and full-service Brickstones Kitchen & Bar, a handful of Embassy Suites’ properties in cities including Atlanta, McAllen and Orlando have already brought these new F&B offerings to guests. Additional E’Terie Bar & Grill and Brickstones Kitchen and Bar locations will continue to debut throughout 2018, including a new E’Terie at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Tysons Corner.
- Following the opening of the brand’s first hotel to feature the Latin American prototype, the brand will open its first dual-brand in Mexico in the second quarter of 2018. Hampton by Hilton and Homewood Suites by Hilton Monterrey Apodaca will be located only 10 minutes away from Monterrey’s downtown and many industrial parks and will mark one of eight deals the All Suites brand has signed in Latin America.
- The Home2 Suites by Hilton Clarksville/Ft. Campbell became the 3,000th Hilton property to offer Digital Key. Available via the Hilton Honors app, Digital Key allows guests to confirm their stay, select their room and open any door that would normally be accessed with a regular key including suites, elevators, side doors, the fitness centre and parking garages.