The All Suites brands by Hilton continue to shatter their already fast track record for growth throughout the third and fourth quarters of 2017, averaging a new property opening every three days, ending the year with a footprint of 900 opened hotels and a combined pipeline of more than 550 pending locations.
Opening more than 75 new hotels in the second half of the year not only expanded the All Suites footprint into locations ranging fromÊKapolei, HawaiiÊtoÊCharleston, South Carolina, but also demonstrated the versatility of the Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites and Home2 Suites building models, which has catapulted the brands from a mainstay of U.S. suburban markets to hotel products in high-demand in urban, ‘surban’, resort and international destinations.
“From new cityscapes to coastal landscapes, the growth of the All Suites brands by Hilton has been both tremendous and transformative,” saidÊDianna Vaughan, global head and senior vice president, All Suites brands by Hilton. “The proof is in the numbers, with the All Suites brands representing more than 17 percent of opened Hilton hotels and nearly one-fourth of the pending pipeline.”
In the second half of the year, the All Suites brands by Hilton opened more than 75 hotels, which included the following notable, new locations:
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Oahu Kapolei: with a central, city location, this is the brand’s second hotel inÊHawaii.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse DestinyÊUSA: the first on-site hotel at DestinyÊUSA,ÊNew York’sÊlargest shopping, dining, outlet and entertainment destination.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Charleston Historic District: the latest addition to the brand’s growing roster of urban properties, this hotel is located in the heart of downtownÊCharleston.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte/SouthPark: as an anchor of the Hilton dual-build strategy, this is Homewood Suites’ latest dual-build project with Hilton Garden Inn.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Birmingham Downtown: an urban hotel, this was the brand’s first dual-build with Hilton Garden Inn.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Murfreesboro: a milestone dual-brand hotel with Tru by Hilton, the property represents the first of more than 15 pending multi-brand properties currently in the pipeline that pairs the two brands.
In addition, the All Suites brands by Hilton bolstered its strong pipeline with more than 173 new signed deals in 2017. Once these pending properties have opened, the All Suites’ footprint will extend throughout outÊthe United States,ÊCanada,ÊMexico, theÊCaribbean, Central andÊSouth America,ÊAsiaÊand theÊMiddle East.
Brand achievements and upcomingÊmilestones
The All Suites brands show no signs of slowing their momentum with each brand hitting and/or nearing major milestones, including:
- The All Suites pioneer is in the midst of two brand-wide refreshes designed to increase profitability and enhance the offerings at existing and new hotels, which includes the evolution of itsÊF&B program. Additionally, another 45 hotels are expected to complete anÊAtrium Refresh, the brand’s innovative renovation program which focuses on turning the brand’s signature atriums into intimate social lobbies. Between new openings and the nearly 110 hotels that will have completed an Atrium Refresh, by the end of 2019 more than 70 percent of Embassy Suites properties will have a modern interior that is less than six years old.
- U.S. openings, international projects, and a new prototype that allows for up to 80 percent studio suites propelled the brand to its 450thÊproperty opening at the end of 2017. There were also more than 190 legacy Homewood properties that completed a renovation through the brand’s “Take Flight” program.
- Home2 opened its 200thÊhotel at the close of 2017, while veteran hospitality media and other brand loyalists closely tracked the milestone via the #RoadtoHome200 challenge. The brand is expected to open its 300thproperty by early 2019.
Collectively, the All Suites Brands are on pace to reach 1,000 opened hotels before the end of 2019.